Warm welcome to our exploration of governance, that is, analysis of power and control of media content, infrastructure, use, access, and creation.
- Please see this short 1-min. video as an introduction to the course:
- Please also fill in this very short pre-course questionnaire. It will help me to finetune the content of this course.
- All your readings are shared via this Google Drive, and/or as links in the syllabus. The readings listed for a session will relate to the briefing-assignment posted that day.
- Most weeks you have until the following Friday, midnight, to complete the weekly assignments. (For the exceptions, please consult the syllabus.)
- We “meet” here every Friday, meaning, your weekly briefing will be posted then. I will set up a Google Hangout for us to convene once via video to discuss your final assignment together (you can choose from 2 sessions).
- Please note that often you will be asked to post comments to blog entries published here (like this week). Would you like to remain anonymous, you can use a screen name. I am the admin of the blog and will know who you are based on your email address (use your SJU university account):
- For a comment to appear the comment author must have a previously approved comment. In other words, I need to approve your first comment. Thereafter, your comments will post immediately.
- Many issues discussed in this course are moving targets — governance challenges that are being debated everywhere. That is why this course is about discussion and different standpoints. That said, please respect our netiquette of giving each other space as well as credit, and conducting a civilized, graceful, informed, and intelligent debates. This is a co-learning opportunity for all of us.
- If you have any questions about the course, assignments, topics , readings, your participation — do not hesitate to get in touch!
- Please review the syllabus, readings, and assignments-grading and ask any related questions below as a comment.
- Do ask at least one question.
- The purpose is clarify the basics from the start as well as to “sign in” to the blog. The latter means that after you initially comment once and get approved as a user, you can then post at any point and your comment will appear immediately.
- This time around, please be patient if it takes me a day to approve you… I might not be online when you are (and I will be traveling over the weekend, as well as Wednesday). I will take every opportunity to check on the comments and approve them.
- Please complete the pre-course questionnaire.
- Due by Fri 1/27, 11:59pm.